Sarah’s interests lately have (not surprisingly) been focused heavily on spring animals (and family pets!)
Some of her top picks in the past two weeks have been:
- Her new National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America (an early birthday gift)
- The Complete Encyclopedia of Cats
- The Birdwatcher’s Daily Companion
- The ABCs of Nature (this is an OLD Reader’s Digest book, but it is wonderful!)
- Birds & Blooms Magazine
- A Pocket Guide to Butterflies and Moths
- Various hamster guides from the library and our collection
- The Phantom of the Opera (the original paperback novel, English translation)
As a quick note, I’m reading Open Season by Linda Howard, and Chris is reading Italian Folktales by Italo Calvino and Boomerang by Michael Lewis. He just finished Huckleberry Hill by Elizabeth Gemming, which was a really obscure (Chris protests, “It’s not obscure!”) look at “child life in Old New England.” He was reading this at bedtime and sharing parts with me. Some neat facts, but some unusual stuff too!
What have you been reading?