March better go out like a lamb, because I’m just plain tired of Pennsylvania’s winter.
(If this is your first time catching our month-in-review posts, welcome! Check out our archive of previous wrapups here for some more info on why we take this approach to documenting some of our unschooling learning adventures.)
- Fantastic Feats and Failures
- More Matrix and Philosophy: Revolutions and Reloaded Decoded
- Is Data Human? The Metaphysics of Star Trek
Movies and TV
- Star Trek: Voyager
- Big Hero 6
- Rush Hour
- Rush Hour 2
- Rush Hour 3
- 3 Ninjas
- 3 Ninjas Kick Back
- 3 Ninjas Knuckle Up
Places and projects
- Seeing our art on display at the “Out of the Blues” exhibit at Art in MARTin, our local library, during an opening reception on First Friday, Feb. 6.
- Hanging out for the day at the King of Prussia mall, our state’s largest retail experience.
- Physical therapy. This is news: Sarah has (fairly severe) scoliosis and while we await the doctor’s final consultation on what we’ll do, she’s having six weeks of intense physical therapy three times a week to strengthen her spine and core muscles.
- Arranging Sarah’s new room (she swapped with her dad and she now has the master bedroom!)
- Seeing Sweeney Todd, the musical, at York Little Theatre, following our viewing of the movie version a couple of months ago.
- The start of this year’s 4-H alpaca club fiber project, making Mannikin Spanalong.
- Snowboarding! Sarah went snowboarding for the first time, along with Chris. She had been campaigning to do this for awhile and unfortunately, it lined up that their planned day came on easily the worst weather day of the year. It felt like something like -10 outside, but she was a trooper. She wants to go back on a slightly better day!
Odds and ends of stuff we’ve talked about/read/geeked out over
- What’s “the point” of Valentine’s Day?
- Why many parents wouldn’t let someone Sarah’s age play Grand Theft Auto.
- What AIDS is and why we don’t hear about it as much now as we did in the 1990s.
- What Hong Kong’s relationship is to China proper.
- My new job! I just started in late February as a web design and content specialist for the research mission of Penn State Hershey College of Medicine at Hershey Medical Center. That’s a mouthful, but essentially, I get to hang out at a medical school all day and do internetty things. I love it.
So what’s new with your family this month? Drop me a comment! I love hearing from all my “blog friends!”